Application are currently being received for the 2022-2023 Chinese Government Scholarship – AUN Program. Established by the ministry of education of the People’s Republic of China, this scholarship program to study in China is available for candidate from ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) member countries.
This scholarship program to study in Asia aims to promote mutual understanding between China and other countries. This CSC (Chinese Scholarship Council) scholarship program is fully funded and provides tuition fees, accommodation, monthly stipend, Insurance etc. The program is opened to citizens of ASEAN countries who wish to conduct research or study at Master’s and PhD degrees levels in China.
You’re welcome to read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks for detailed information on strategies to get a Chinese Government Scholarship. With this AUN (ASEAN University Network) scholarship opportunity, candidates can study in a variety of programs available at designated Chinese universities. Candidates can chose to study in English or in Chinese.
- Advertisement -
Host Institutions: Designated Chinese universities that host CSC scholarship recipients (Click here for full list).
Fields of study: Opened for available fields of study at designated Chinese universities which offer a variety of academic programs in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, economics, legal studies, management, education, history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts.
Language of study: Chinese or English.
Number of awards: 30.
Duration: 2 to 3 years for Master’s degree and 4 years for PhD. The scholarship covers major study and Chinese language study.
Eligible Countries: This scholarship program is opened to citizens of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Chinese Government Scholarship – AUN Program Benefits
This scholarship program is a fully funded and provides successful applicants with the followings:
Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee;
Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree students: 3,000 RMB/month
doctoral degree students: 3,500 RMB/month.
Chinese Government Scholarship – AUN Program Eligibility
Those who would like to apply for this ASEAN citizens scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country (check list above), and be in good health;
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree under the age of 35 to apply for the master’s programs;
Applicants must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 to apply for the doctoral programs;
- Acquired IELTS or TOEFL when applying for English taught master’s or doctoral programs;
- Acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese taught master’s or doctoral programs.
How to Apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship – AUN Program
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this Asia scholarship program, must follow steps below:
- Advertisement -
Step 1: CSC Online Registration
Create an account at and follow instructions to fill the form. While filling the form, please choose program Type A. The Agency No. of this program is 00005. Please read the CSC Scholarship Application Steps and Required Documents for more details. Complete the online Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print one hard copy.
Step 2: Application Submission
Submit ONE set of the paper application forms and other supporting documents to the AUN Secretariat by the deadline at the following address:
Ms. Naparat Phirawattanakul
ASEAN University Network Secretariat
17th Floor, Chaloem Rajakumari 60 Building,
Chulalongkorn University, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330, THAILAND
Office Phone Number: +662 2153640
- Advertisement -
Note: Candidates can either:
- Apply to the AUN Secretariat for Chinese Government Scholarship opportunity without any pre-admission Letter. In this case candidates can select their preferred institutes during online applications process.
- Apply to your target university for the pre-admission and submit the Letter together with application documents to the AUN Secretariat. Applicants with admission documents will obtain the priority in winning the CGS.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (downloadable at step 1); 2.Copy of Passport HOME PAGE;
- Notarized highest diploma ;
- Academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or research Proposal; This should be a minimum of 800 words.
- Two Recommendation Letters signed by professors or associate professors.
- To apply for art or design related majors, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in other ways.
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
- The copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- Non-criminal record report; The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
- Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities (if available);
- Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements. Applicants for other language-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like IELTS or TOFEL report. Note: All documents must be in Chinese or English. Therefore, all documents in other languages must be attached with their notarized translation in Chinese or English.
Only applications of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university. Those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university. Only successful candidates will be informed by email by early August 2022.
The deadline to submit applications for this Chinese scholarship program is January 31, 2022. For more detail on the Chinese Government Scholarship – AUN Program, please visit the official page.